Our client a 5 Star Hotel located in the heart of Victoria Island Lagos seeks to hire a Food & Beverage Manager (Expatriate). Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Food and Beverage or his/her delegate and within the limits of the Hotel’s policies and procedures. The Food and Beverage Manager would be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Food and Beverage operations.
Food and Beverage
Director of Food and Beverage
Type Of Candidate:
Position Supervised: A
ssistant F&B Manager, F&B Supervisors, F&B Service Attendants
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Food and Beverage or his/her delegate and within the limits of the Hotel’s policies and procedures. The Food and Beverage Manager would be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Food and Beverage operations.
Director of Food and Beverage, Suppliers, Colleagues and Guests
Key Job Responsibilities
- Supervises the functioning of all Food and Beverage employees. Facilitates sales and costs to ensure maximum profit for the Department
- To controls and analyze, on an on-going basis, the following:
- Sales and Departmental Cost
- Quality and Presentation of Food and Beverage Products
- Service Standard
- Condition and Cleanliness of facilities and equipment’s
- Quality of Entertainment
- Guest Satisfaction and Marketing
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation, presentation and service of food products to ensure the highest quality.
- Supervises and coordinates pricing and preparation of menus, beverage and wine list.
- Coordinates with the Finance Manager to determine the minimum and maximum Food and Beverage per stock. Approves all wine purchases and other Food and Beverage items in accordance with the Hotel’s policy
- Conducts weekly Food and Beverage meetings related to but not limited to the following:
- Overall Food and Beverage financial results and profitability
- Projected business and Operations results and problems
- Changes in procedures and new management policies
- Quality, sales and productivity improvement
- Keeps an up-to-date standard recipe file for all Food and Beverage items to include:
- Sales History and Mix
- Actual and potential costs
- Productivity time and costs
- Be aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in Food and Beverage preparation and service in the hospitality industry through trade literature and actual surveys.
Ensure Compliance with the following:
- Hotel rules and regulations
- Grooming and uniform standards.
- Timekeeping and attendance policies.
Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:
- Service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to exceed their needs
- Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers
- Take appropriate action to resolve complaints
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
Health Safety & Security
- Be able to promote the hotel’s products and services especially Food and Beverage items.
- Demonstrates an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety at the hotel.
- Good Knowledge of emergency and evacuation procedures at the hotel.
Background, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management or any related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience within the Hospitality Industry preferably in a Five Star Hotel with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of Food and Beverage Budgeting/ policy formulation
- He/she must be Detailed Oriented and show good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good Leadership skills
- Ability to assign and delegate work and authority to others.
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to deliver under Tight Deadlines and within constraints
- Health Insurance
- Return Flight Ticket To Home Country once a year
- Duty Meals
- Free Laundry