Sahara Group seeks to hire a Legal Supervisor
To provide efficient, professional, legal, contractual and company secretarial support to the various companies under the Sahara Group of companies; whilst identifying risks, reducing liabilities, preventing litigation, ensuring compliance with laws and reducing general legal costs.
- Provide ad-hoc legal advice and support to the various companies within the Sahara Group,
- Ensure the legal department and the various key companies are updated on applicable legal and regulatory requirements by providing support and advice on laws, regulations and rules,
- Review, draft and negotiate medium risk commercial agreements,
- In-depth detailed research on various legal issues,
- Attend meetings with private companies and public/regulatory bodies,
- Liaise with external solicitors engaged by Sahara entities,
- Provide support on assignments or take lead on assignment as they are assigned,
- Assist in organization and administration of the legal department.
- Good knowledge of Nigerian laws and regulations, corporate commercial law as well as company law and secretarial practice (knowledge in power industry, infrastructure, oil and gas will be an added advantage),
- Reasonable litigation background,
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills,
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially MS Word and PowerPoint,
- Ability to work as part of a team and with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds,
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to identify legal challenges, analyze them and propose legal and efficient ways to overcome such identified legal challenges,
- must possess commercial awareness and ability to apply legal solutions to commercial problems,
- Must pay attention to detail, be methodical and can supervise a junior,
- Ability to think on your feet and outside the box,
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to apply commercial solutions to legal problems.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- Law Degree from a commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Qualified to practice Law in Nigeria (i.e. BL).
- At least 5 years post call experience in the practice of law. experience in a law firm or commercial Oil and Gas company is an added advantage.
- Completion of NYSC is mandatory.
- Good team spirit
- Good planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function efficiently whilst working to strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Must be dedicated, conscientious and reliable
- Executive Management and Board members
- Team members and other colleagues
- External Lawyers, clients and other business partners.
Application is via http://www.sahara-group.com/careers-portal/