Sahara Group is Hiring
To provide efficient, professional, legal, contractual and company secretarial support to the various companies under the Sahara Group of companies; whilst identifying risks, reducing liabilities, preventing litigation, ensuring compliance with laws and reducing general legal costs.
- Provide ad-hoc legal advice and support to the various companies within the Sahara Group
- Ensure the legal department and the various key companies are updated on applicable legal and regulatory requirements by providing support and advice on laws, regulations and rules.
- Review, draft and negotiate low risk commercial agreements
- Take lead on requests to draft and/or review lease agreements and other low risk property documentation.
- In-depth detailed research on various legal issues
- Attend meetings with private and public bodies.
- Liaise with external solicitors working on the matters for companies within the Sahara Group, including litigation matters and other transactions.
- Provide support on assignment or take lead on assignment as they are assigned.
- Assist in organization and administration of the legal department
- Good knowledge of Nigerian laws and regulations, corporate commercial law as well as company law and secretarial practice (knowledge in power industry, infrastructure, oil and gas will be an added advantage).
- Reasonable litigation background
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify legal challenges, analyze them and propose legal but efficient ways to overcome identified legal challenges, must possess commercial awareness and ability to apply legal solutions to commercial problems.
- Must be methodical and pay attention to details
- Ability to think on your feet and outside the box.
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to apply commercial solutions to legal problems.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- Law Degree from a commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Qualified to practice Law in Nigeria (i.e. BL).
- At least 3 years post call experience.
- Experience in a law firm, power generation or distribution company or commercial Oil and Gas environment is an added advantage.
- Completion of NYSC is mandatory.
- Good team spirit
- Good planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function efficiently whilst working to strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Must be dedicated, conscientious and reliable
- Executive Management and Board members
- Team members and other colleagues
- External Lawyers, clients and other business partners.
Application is via http://www.sahara-group.com/careers-portal/