Our client, an emerging Training Institute with focus in servicing the Information Technology sector, seeks to urgently hire a Faculty Manager, who will be responsible for managing the Training Institute.
The Faculty Manager will devise the organizational training service strategy for clients, oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes. He/She in partnership with the client, will develop training programs, assesses training and development needs for clients, create training manuals, presents in-person training sessions, and evaluate training outcomes for effectivenes
· Identify clients training needs by consulting with stakeholders and using needs assessments.
· Develop and deliver training solutions that meet business needs.
· Optimize training processes for efficiency.
· Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness for clients, success and ROI periodically and report on them.
· Develop customized training curriculum relating to clients developmental needs.
· Source for quality subject matter experts to facilitate technical/non-technical training interventions where required.
· Responsible for the overall growth and development of the organizations training service delivery.
· Develop growth strategies and plans on how to generate revenue for the training arm of the Business.
· Manage and retain relationships with existing clients.
· Prospect new clients and increase clientele base, hence drive revenue generation for the Business.
· Identify and map business training strengths vis a vis client needs and recommend relevant interventions.
· Research training business opportunities.
Minimum of Bsc. from any recognized Higher Institution.
· Minimum of 6years’ experience in same role, with at least 2 years in consulting in same role.
· Experience working within the Information Technology sector, strongly required.
· Must possess strong IT skills.
· Knowledge of learning and development best practices.
· A proven track record of training program development and management.
· Track record of facilitating training, desired.
· Excellent leadership skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, classroom training, elearning, workshops, simulations etc)
· Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals
Interested and qualified candidates using “Faculty Manager”