Seasoned Accounting and Finance Management Specialist with 17 years of professional of experience in contributing to business growth and profitability by providing strategic leadership for accounting and finance operations. Adept at monitoring the preparation of financial statements and accounting reports in line with generally accepted accounting practices as well as international financial reporting standards. Drove financial due diligence at the workplace through internal control and auditing. Provided management with financial advice and best practice recommendations which ensure the delivery of business objectives. Maintained and built healthy stakeholder relationship. Open to senior and executive management positions.
Head of Cost & Management Accounts SectionBerger Paints Nigeria PLC13th December 2017 - to date
• Efficiently overseeing strategic factory and management account functions in line with best practices.
• Ensuring preparation and submission of annual financial statements and reports to statutory bodies.
• Managing and reviewing monthly, quarterly budgets, projections, and reliable forecast outruns
• Reviewing factory financial performance report and recommending improvements.
• Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal control.
• Analysing weekly executive report and implementing innovative strategies.
• Managing team members and ensuring their improved performance through training and coaching.
• Monitoring analysis and control of variances (actual to standard).
• Periodically optimising costing and analysis of production activities.
• Accounting for inventory and inventory control
• Appraising capital expenditure, and ensuring strategic spending.
Finance ManagerHighway Printing Company LimitedJanuary 2014 – December 2017
• Collected, interpreted and reviewed financial information.
• Predicted future financial trends.
• Provided advice to management on profitable business decision making.
• Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
• Developed long-term business plans based on these reports.
• Reviewed, monitored and managed budgets.
• Initiated and implemented strategies that minimised financial risk.
• Analysed market trends and competitors
• Prepared management committee report, cash flow statement, management accounts, and annual financial statements.
• Filed all statutory returns, and administered wages and payroll.
• Maintained accounts payable and receivables.
• Managed treasury accounts: bank and bank reconciliation.
Team Lead: Business Process Reporting Nestle (Central &West Africa)July 2010 – January 2014
• Oversaw the entire country factory reporting process
• Facilitated business review meetings with the Business Unit Controllers
• Ensured and monitored team performing FICO checks.
• Owned business process area and shared knowledge acquired around systems/process.
• Provided complete, accurate, and transparent information and reports on dedicated Cluster.
• Supported cross-functional business unit which resulted in the delivery of the group target.
• Supervised actual cost calculations and COGS consolidation.
• Oversaw distribution, factory costing, transfer pricing, cost studies and benchmarking.
• Maintained and updated ABC costing models and ensured activities are aligned to agreed standard.
• Implemented corporate governance procedures, risk Management and internal control.
• Monitored individual product margin and regular evaluation of product profitability.
• Ensured accounting for inventory and inventory control.
Management Accountant Dannex Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Co. LtdJune 2009 – May 2010
• Oversaw the annual plan, and prepared periodic Management Accounts.
• Monitored preparation of business unit profitability report and annual financial statements.
• Maintained accounts payable and receivables.
• Managed treasury accounts and bank operations.
• Reviewed factory financial performance report.
• Reviewed monthly, quarterly budgets, and projections, and reliable forecast outruns of individual product margin and regular evaluation of product profitability.
• Implemented corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal control.
Factory Accountant Cadbury Nigeria Plc, LagosFebruary 2002 – December 2008
Audit Supervisor Cocoa Industry Nigeria Plc, LagosFebruary 2001 – January 2002
• I developed annual audit plan, Lead proactively audit planning efforts and
coordinate audit activities.
• Defined internal audit scope and approval time frame.
• Executed individual audit for respective accounts and ensure quality and on-time delivery.
• I developed audit procedures to assure proper fieldwork performed as per audit plan.
• Supervised staff and reviewed performance.
• Supervised performance follow-up as required and convey findings to management.
• Assisted in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
• Ensured key controls and procedures, and policies are complied with and all imperative risks are addressed.
• Prepared clear and completed audit work papers and store them in department repository.
• Analyzed and resolve audit issues in a timely fashion.
• Developed budgets and timeliness for upcoming audits
Bsc AccountingUniversity of Cape Coast2008 - 2012
Associate Chartered AccountantInstitute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria
Award for Excellence at departmental level2006
• Accounting and Finance Management • Financial Reporting, Analysis and Advisory • Budgeting and Forecasting • GAAP and IFRS Compliance • Treasury Management Cost Monitoring and Control80%